Saturday, November 27, 2010

Jesus Is Calling

Sometimes in life we flutter around-unsure of our "calling," contemplating back and forth believing God has something MORE for our lives. Sometimes the call feels stronger than others and some days it seems much clearer of what exactly it may even be.



You may ask what is a calling? A calling is simply Gods plan for your life to further HIS kingdom..Of course, many others wil have a different perspective of what a "CALLING" is to them. But one thing is for SURE..God has a plan for each and every person and he propsed that plan before we were even created. Two scriptures always come to mind:



John 15:16 "You didn't choose me, I chose YOU. I appointed you to go and produce LASTING FRUIT, so that the Father will give you whatever you ask for, using my name. This is my command: LOVE EACH OTHER."



AND..



Jeremiah 1:5 "I KNEW YOU before I formed you in your mother's womb. Before you were born I SET YOU APART and appointed YOU as my PROPHET TO THE NATIONS."



Wow, after I read that, I cannot even begin to wrap my mind around the fact that MY FATHER loved me so much that before he even created me, he knew who I was and set me apart to be used as a tool BY HIM to further his Kingdom and to simply make his name known.I cannot believe HE CHOSE ME AND WANTS TO USE ME.Did he really say "I was a prophet?" When I sit back and take in these scriptures I cannot help but to become OVERWHELMED that my father has a PLAN for my life and though I may not see exactly what it is right now, there is ONE thing I know" I am his prophet" and I am called to 1) Go to the Nations and 2) Love others.



You see, I don't have miraculous talents or lots of money, but I have GOD'S LOVE and I am called to go and produce LASTING FRUIT; to share with others the good news of the GRACE that was offered unto us through the Love of Jesus Christ. Through him we are no longer in bondage. WE HAVE BEEN REDEEMED. Tonight I came across this passage and Jesus once again pierced my heart with his words. I am beginning to see the preparation he is planting in my heart.



Isaiah 58:10-11



"If you POUR YOURSELF out for the hungry and SATISFY the desire of the afflicted then shall your LIGHT RISE IN THE DARKNESS, and your gloom be as the noonday. And the LORD will GUIDE YOU CONTINUALLY AND SATISFY YOUR DESIRE IN SCORCHED PLACES and make your bones strong; and you shall be like a watered garden, like a spring of water, whose water DOES NOT FAIL."



Once I removed MYSELF from the equation and WHAT I WANTED, his will became so much CLEARER. Sometimes we run from God's calling afraid it might take us out of our comfort zone, leave us empty from our own desires, and scared of what it could mean for our lives. But you see he tells us that the Lord will guide us continually and he will satisfy our desires in the scorched places. It does not matter where God calls me or what I have to give up because even in the scorched of places he will SUSTAIN, SATISFY, AND FULFILL ME. We believe if we step out in OBEDIENCE that darkness may arrive because its not "quite what we pictured for our lives",but he shines his LIGHT and fills us with a spring of water, love, and joy that will not fail us.It is his everlasting , unconditional love that satisfies us. If we follow HIS CALLING and die to our PLAN he will not leave us to feel dry and empty but will overwhelm us with a joy and satisfaction far more fulfilling than anything we could ever plan for our own lives.



I pray I live out Gods plan and not my own, oh how I would be missing out for what the Lord has already prepared for me. Once we make his will our will, his wants our wants, and his desires our desires we cannot go wrong.

God is speaking his calling into our lives everyday. We just need eyes to see and ears to hear! Once Jesus reigns SUPREME in your life he becomes your SOURCE and in him you find YOUR place in this world.



"Seek FIRST the Kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you."

-Matthew 6:33



.

1 comment:

  1. Wow this is awesome and so very true!! I think that we should ALL do what you and your friend are doing! Because it is so important to die to ourselves and our desires daily so God can work in us and do INCREDIBLE things through us! Good luck in Africa go out there and blow peoples minds with the love of our AMAZING God!!!

    ReplyDelete