Saturday, November 27, 2010

Jesus Rescued Me

Sometimes we go through life and we are missing something, but we are unaware of what it is we are even missing. I am defintely a prime example of tihs. All through my life (which I always had a good life..great family- nothing too bad) no matter how "good" things were going for me , something never felt just "right". I would go to bed so confused at how I could not be overwhelmed with joy by how great my life was. Then one day I had a wake up call. You see so many things in my life seemed so perfect, so right, but on the inside I was miserable. Now this was not because of anyone else. I had everything I had ever wanted and I could not be more thankful that God had placed such great people in my life along my journey. But it didnt matter who was in my life, because I was dealing with something on the inside. Nothing was ever good enough or fulfilling enough; I was always wanting more. I was so insecure about myself, about my life, at all the possibilities that could happen. I was so jealous and envious of everyone else's life. Of course at the time none of this was even subjeted to be talked about, but you know sometimes it takes God getting us to our lowest point until we realize what it is exactly he is trying to tell us. You see, for years I tried to live my life on my own: doing what I wanted, what pleased ME, what made ME happy. It was all about ME. One day my whole world came crashing down and all the sudden it was not about ME anymore. Wow, the past year of my life has defintely been a roller coaster but I would not change one second of it. People say without a test we have no testimony, and without everything that had happened in my life I would not be where I am today in my relationship with the Lord. Needless to say, Jesus Christ, the son of God, that was what I was missing in my life. That is why things never felt just "right",that is why no matter what this world had to offer me it still was not enough. Because you see without Christ we are NOTHING and we have NOTHING. He has given me life, He has given an unfathomable joy, my hope, my happiness, and a peace that surpasses all things. HE IS MY FIRST, MY TRUE LOVE. Our God is a jealous God and he WILL NOT allow anything in your life to be above hime. I had always found my fulfillment and happiness out of this world and out of my relationships, BUT NOW MY HAPPINESS AND MY SECURITY COMES FROM THE LORD. I have never in my life felt this way. Jesus removed the veil from my eyes and my life has not been the same since. Something important to note though, we MUST walk through the valley to get to the mountain top. And if I had not been so empty, so insecure on the inside and gone through all trials I had I would not be where I am today with the Lord. I would go through all the hurt and all the pain all over again just knowing the simple fact of the Love and Joy I received from Christ Jesus. JESUS RESCUED ME. I have found my satisfactoin in Chirst ALONE. I am now made a new creation through Christ.

"This means that ANYONE who BELONGS TO CHIRST HAS BECOME A NEW PERSON. The old life is GONE, and a NEW life has BEGUN."

-2 Corinthians 5:17

How amazing is that, that through Christ I am made new; I do not have to be who I once was. I find my confidence and my security in the Lord. With him my past and who I was is wiped away and I am beginning a new life, but this time I WILL NOT FAIL because if Christ is for ME, then WHO CAN BE AGAINST ME. My ashes have been turned into beauty and now HE IS ALL I AM LIVING FOR! Words cannot descirbe how He has changed my life and changed my heart and it is ONLY THROUGH THE BLOOD OF THE LAMB THAT I HAVE BEEN MADE NEW! I no longer live for me, I NOW LIVE FOR HIM. I BELONG TO HIM. I AM HIS CHILD! JESUS RESCUED ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



.

No comments:

Post a Comment